Friday, December 6, 2013

Winter

How it should look here, since colors keep going all funky.
     So, it's winter...well, it'll be officially winter sooner or later, but most places now feel winter. Even where I live, we're feeling winter if you don't count today where it was around 70F. But since the temperature has dropped dramatically again (probably pining for attention) and I've managed to get some pics done, I thought to do Strawberry Singh's winter season challenge. Now on wards to questions!

  1. What is the December/Winter season like where you live? Hm...moody 'bout sums it up. As mentioned before, it was 70 today, 65 yesterday, and generally a warm week. And now it's back to 30, or will be. There's also never any snow, either too warm or too cold...like there must be some forcefield that keeps snow away, since you can watch on radars as snow goes around my city. But it's nice when there is actually snow that sticks and is worth something.
  2. When you think of winter, what's the first thing that pops into your head? Eggnog, warm apple cider, and cold. Usually around Thanksgiving there is eggnog in the house and last through most of winter, new cartons obviously. Cider is only a recent thing, but it's become tied as eggnog to my winters, probably the two things I look forward to the most. Cold on the other hand...well...
  3. Have you ever played any extreme winter sports? Unless sledding suddenly counts, no. Never been in a place with enough snow to actually do anything...and, even then, I'd stick to sledding...or cozying up by a fire. Yea, daredevil, totally. :P
  4. What do you like most about this season? Snow when I get it. My philosophy is that it shouldn't be cold unless it's snowing, otherwise cold is pointless and hibernating should become a thing. So...definitely snow is my favorite bit since there's much to do with it, and the cold then has some reason.
  5. Do you celebrate Christmas, Hannukkah, Kwanzaa or another holiday during this time of year? Christmas, yes. My Christmases have always been small, but always nice. I still remember my brother and I, once we weren't living in the same rooms as each other but were still cute and adorable, alternating years we'd sleep in each other's rooms. Then we'd wake up much too early, go to the tree which looked so...magical with the lights blinking in the dark and the presents underneath. We were good children so we didn't open the presents...we just raided our stockings. Always there was a stuffed animal in them, so, after searching the stockings and refilling them, we'd go back to whichever room with out new stuffed animal and sleep. Or we'd go into our parent's room and wake them up. So, good memories and hopefully there will be more.
   
Why this one isn't color-twisted, no idea.
    Image above? Illustration of forcefield that keeps snow away :P Oh, yea, maybe not the most wintery, but that's how my winters look for the most part, other than the obviously missing laptop, that is. But, hey, reading is good for you, so it balances out somewhat...I hope at least.
    But here's hoping to snow (for those who lack it) and a wonderful winter for all of y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Believe it or not, I've never actually had eggnog, lol. I'm thinking I should give it a try soon. Thank you so much for participating. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season? <3

    ReplyDelete