Saturday, July 6, 2013

Freebie Friday

    Yes, I know it's technically Saturday...but I haven't gone to sleep yet, so I count it. :P But, in any case, I'm starting something I'm dubbing 'Freebie Friday'. It'll be a weekly thing where I peer around market place for some nice freebies and then post them. I know how difficult finding nice freebies is and how long it can take, too, as I tend to do that myself; so I'm hoping to help simplify it a bit.
    Today I typed into the search 'doll' because I had found this lipstick set (free too, but will put that another time) and wanted to find something to go with it, but instead I found a pretty skin and shape. Then of course I had to find a nice bikini or something to show it off better and, since the fourth of July was this week, I decided to get one themed as such. Then I made a beach box out of random stuff in my inventory...but the towel I have no idea where or when I got it and the umbrella is part of the Raindrops prop from Something New. The box itself I made from the textures in my inventory's library and, of course, I used my spotlight that I adore for pictures.
    And, on a side note, it's times like these I really wish I had a skybox for taking pictures. Simply because the place I go to for that when I just want to use my 'photo box' had rezzing/changing problems like I know some people had a while ago. And then when I teleported to the rp-sim where I spend most of my time and there's actually a house that my character lives in, I hadn't changed before I got there. Then I had to keep relogging and relogging until the damned thing worked and I was in the entire medieval attire and not holding a sparkler. And then I had to redo my whole built-in AO.*sighs* But, well, I'm broke, so I sadly can't afforded a nice little skybox so I can groan at and threaten SL in, but I digress, here are the nice, free items I found.
    First the skin and shape:
    This is a shape, skin, and eyebrows set that I think has this wonderfully innocent look. I think I've fallen in love with it, though will probably stick to my own shape as, well, it's my own one I made. Though I am sorely tempted to change over since I just love this look. But the skin did look good with my own shape as well, so hopefully it will with your's if you cling to it like I tend to mine. The sad thing, though, is that I have to reorder it because of silly SL, but that's besides the point. I didn't get a chance to look at the exact height, but it's a normal, not freakishly tall height; that much I know for certain. I'll check later when SL isn't being so moody.
    And now the bikini, which even has a sparkler! :
    So, yes, this stars and stripes bikini, which I think is adorable even if you aren't American. To be honest, I barely have anything starry and stripey myself, usually can't stand the stuff, but I think this one is cute. Especially for a freebie. And, yes, as I said, that sparkler comes with the bikini. It doesn't have a pose with it, it just attaches to your right hand, but it's still pretty neat.
    There's the freebies for this Friday (Saturday for those who have slept, I know, but don't be judgey :P) and the links are below. Hope you liked some of what I have shown today and have a wonderful weekend.

Skin, shape, eyebrows: Natural Beauty-Sissy skin&shape
Bikini with sparkler: Cupids 4th of July Bikini 2009 Free Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment